Happy Friday, y’all!
Mmm…strawberries! Get them before they’re gone.
Strawberry Pancake Day
Greensboro Farmers Curb Market – 8am to 11:30pm
Chef Alex Amoroso of Cheesecakes by Alex will flip pancakes till their gone–get there early! Massey Creek eggs are in the batter and Rudd Farm strawberries top them off.
Saturday, May 30
8th Annual Pollinator Day Celebration
Lawn next to the Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market
- Presentations on beginning beekeeper
- Watch someone work a hive (while you watch safely from the other side of a wire “bee cage”
- Learn what to plant to attract butterflies, bees and other pollinators
- Tour Cooperative Extension’s demonstration Pollinator Paradise Garden at Chatham Mills and get a close look at visiting pollinators
- Try honey wine (mead) from co-sponsors Starrlight Mead—Visitors can also visit their meadery on the property!
- Kids’ tent: scavenger hunt, plant-a-pollinator-plant, beeswax candle making, face painting, pollinator games and balloons, and more
- Native plant giveaways and gift certificates from local nurseries throughout the day, thanks to generous support from Niche Gardens, Mellow Marsh Farm, Cure Nursery, and Big Bloomers Flower Farm.
For photos and a program schedule visit the Growing Small Farms website at http://go.ncsu.edu/2015-pollinator-day
Thursday, June 11
2015 Small Farm Field Day
NC A&T State University Research Farm
- High Tunnel Reboot: Solar Energy and Rain Catchment System
- Summer Cover Crops for Organic and Conventional Vegetables
- Alternative Farming for Urban Areas
- Pastured Pork and Swine Genetics
- Truffle Farming: Unearthing a New Niche
- Animal Production and Human Health
- Forest Farming with Medicinal Plants
- Grapes: The Value Added Promise of Pomace
- Keeping the Peas: Using Vegetable Oil to Deter Beetles
Please Note: Lunch will be guaranteed to first 250 registrants. Pre-Registration is recommended. Please contact Alexis Gaines at: email@example.com or336.285.4661
And if you have an upcoming event, let us know (just comment below).
If you know of a place consolidating food or farm info, please let me know! Until then, I’ll provide periodic updates of the happenings in the Piedmont Triad.