Happy Friday, y’all!
Strawberries are out–time to JAM!
Saturday, May 9
Raleigh Brewing Company
3709 Neil St
Raleigh, NC 27607
Relay Foods and Raleigh Brewing Company are partnering up to showcase the best local food producers the Triangle has to offer!Event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/752841081481095/Come out and see:
Big Spoon Roasters– Durham, NC Slingshot Coffee Company – Raleigh, NC Escazu Artisan Chocolates – Raleigh, NC Vintage Bee – Raleigh, NC Spread: Gourmet Plant Based Cheese – Durham, NC Simply B Gluten Free – Raleigh, NC Huntington Provision Co. – Raleigh, NC Cottage Lane Kitchen – Chapel Hill, NC Wildcard Sauces – Raleigh, NC Crude Bitters & Sodas – Raleigh, NC Chew Monster – Durham, NC
We’ll also have a great raffle to raise money for the Alice Aycock Poe Center For Health Education!
And be sure to bring the kids, we’ll have live music and corn hole games!Relay Foods, the healthy online grocer, has free neighborhood pickup locations and home delivery throughout the Triangle. To find the closest pickup location near you go to www.relayfoods.com. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Greensboro Farmers Curb Market – 8am to 1pm
SNAP/EBT recipients will receive a match of up to $15 per visit (no limit to recipients’ withdrawal amounts from their own accounts) during the Mid-Week Market to purchase fresh produce, fish, meats, eggs, honey, milk and other items. The match program is secured by the GFM, Inc. through local foundation support from Cone Health Foundation, Hillsdale Fund and Mary Lynn Richardson Foundation.
Saturday, May 30
8th Annual Pollinator Day Celebration
Lawn next to the Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market
- Presentations on beginning beekeeper
- Watch someone work a hive (while you watch safely from the other side of a wire “bee cage”
- Learn what to plant to attract butterflies, bees and other pollinators
- Tour Cooperative Extension’s demonstration Pollinator Paradise Garden at Chatham Mills and get a close look at visiting pollinators
- Try honey wine (mead) from co-sponsors Starrlight Mead—Visitors can also visit their meadery on the property!
- Kids’ tent: scavenger hunt, plant-a-pollinator-plant, beeswax candle making, face painting, pollinator games and balloons, and more
- Native plant giveaways and gift certificates from local nurseries throughout the day, thanks to generous support from Niche Gardens, Mellow Marsh Farm, Cure Nursery, and Big Bloomers Flower Farm.
For photos and a program schedule visit the Growing Small Farms website at http://go.ncsu.edu/2015-pollinator-day
Thursday, May 30
2015 Small Farm Field Day
NC A&T State University Research Farm
- High Tunnel Reboot: Solar Energy and Rain Catchment System
- Summer Cover Crops for Organic and Conventional Vegetables
- Alternative Farming for Urban Areas
- Pastured Pork and Swine Genetics
- Truffle Farming: Unearthing a New Niche
- Animal Production and Human Health
- Forest Farming with Medicinal Plants
- Grapes: The Value Added Promise of Pomace
- Keeping the Peas: Using Vegetable Oil to Deter Beetles
Please Note: Lunch will be guaranteed to first 250 registrants. Pre-Registration is recommended. Please contact Alexis Gaines at: firstname.lastname@example.org or336.285.4661
And if you have an upcoming event, let us know (just comment below).
If you know of a place consolidating food or farm info, please let me know! Until then, I’ll provide periodic updates of the happenings in the Piedmont Triad.