Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful weekend for getting out and getting to the farmers markets PLUS this fun festival below celebrating the confused fruit, tomatoes!
The Great Tomato Festival, 8-Noon, rain or shine, $5/person, 10 and under free
University Farm at NC A&T State University
3136 McConnell Rd, Greensboro, NC
Family Fun-Tours-Music-Tomato Cooking Contest-Tasting Cook-Off with Chefs
- Tomato tasting from 8am – 12pm
- Tours of A&T Farm’s research plots – leaving at 8, 10 and 11am
- Tomato cooking and canning information
- Growing Tomatoes at Home presentation by Dr. Sanjun Gu
- Tomato Recipe Contest (enter your favorite dishes!)
- Tomato Cook-Off Challenge featuring Local Chefs
- Free food samples
- Kid-friendly activities
Coming up on the horizon:
13th Annual Gardening Gala & Seminar, 8:30-4pm
Guilford County Extension Office
3309 Burlington Rd., Greensboro, NC
Container gardening: From flowers to vegetables; how much fun can you have?
And if you have an upcoming event, let us know (just comment below).
If you know of a place consolidating food or farm info, please let me know! Until then, I’ll provide periodic updates of the happenings in the Piedmont Triad.